Connect github pull request messages to dev mailing list

Conor O'Gorman i at conorogorman.net
Wed May 18 06:05:53 EDT 2016

On 18/05/16 10:33, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> do you happen to know how this can be done?
>
> I took a brief look on Github and it appears that we can add an "Email"
> service and set a mailing list address as recipient. We can even add a
> secret preauth token to circumvent moderation requirements.
>
> What I don't see though is how to limit that service to just a subset of
> notifications (like PR chatter).
>
> Anyone with experience on that here?
>
> ~ Jo

Discussion of the issues, and comments suggest two tools:

http://blog.wikichoon.com/2014/04/github-doesnt-support-pull-request.html

Most suitable seems to be the github webhook with either

https://github.com/google/pull-request-mailer

or

https://github.com/rhinstaller/github-email-hook/

No experience myself.