Staging gitolite (draft)
thess at kitschensync.net
Sun May 1 16:01:50 EDT 2016
Hi all -
We cannot use the current 'git' user and /home/git on ff0 (git.lede-project.org)
as currently configured. I can either create a new user for gitolite or re-work
the current 'git' account to conform to gitolite requirements.
After switching over to gitolite, there will be SSH access to the 'git' user for
purposes of gitolite management and repo access under gitolite ACLs. SSH access
control to gitolite requires a gitolite user-id (not a system user-id) and a
public key setup.
gitolite management is through the gitolite-admin git repo via git access to the
admin acct/group (seems a bit recursive). If there is interest for the ability
to create git repos remotely through gitolite, it is possible to grant that
capability to selected users.
HTTP/HTTPS read-only access will continue to available via gitweb/nginx as now.
1. Install gitolite3 on ff0 from Ubuntu dist (or from source if necessary)
2. Import current LEDE git repos into gitolite3 (temp for testing only)
3. Setup gitolite members, users, notifications.
4. Enable gitweb/HTTP access
5. Test (volunteers?)
6. Schedule downtime to switch over to the live repos (re-import current
versions) and gitolite accounts.
* Investigate/setup HTTPS access with authentication through gitolite
ACL control (if desired).
* Setup ability for sending automatically genererated emails per repo.
* Enable and configure other desired gitolite features.
More information about the openwrt-adm