[LEDE-DEV] lede forum

Ted Hess lede at kitschensync.net
Sun Jul 24 19:03:49 EDT 2016

On Sun, 2016-07-24 at 16:37 +0200, moeller0 wrote:

> > On Jul 24, 2016, at 15:41 , tapper <j.lancett at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi with the ssl sert being messed up on the openwrt forum we really need a
> > forum for lede. I don't know how to set one up but wen one is put up i wood
> > like to be a admin to help with noobs and getting rid of spam. I have bin a
> > admin on the Gargoyle forum now for a long time and like helping people out.
> > thanks  Tapper..
> 	Oh, speaking of a forum, I believe, if LEDE wants to get its own forum
> (which) I would support it should come with more administration than the
> openwrt forums that, at times, are pretty far away from lede’s “be nice to
> each other” guidelines. I am not advocating to keep the ban-hammer swinging
> all times, but there should be some feed-back and potential consequences of
> prolonged and repeated lack of nice-ness…
> 	I believe that tapper has shown exactly the kind of moderation a
> potential lede forum should have, so I support his “election” to forum
> administrator/moderator (for what it is worth)…

@tapper, @moeller0, & others

We had a brief discussion at our last mtg about what to do about a Wiki and
forum. One suggestion was to become a sub-forum in the OpenWrt forum if they'd
have us as a 'community build' - aka "The Dark Side" ;) That's sort of moot at
the moment since openwrt.org is in a certificate service valley.

We don't think we can handle our own wiki & forum without a whole lot of help
with content, moderation & management. We also have to find resources to host
the sites.

And... do you guys have any suggestions/recommendations for software (presumably
free) to deploy.

I'm here to help with the staging and systems work (installing and deploying the
base software) - I would like to see other volunteers to take on forum and/or
wiki admin, etc.

/ted