retiring issue tracker at github?

Ted Hess lede at kitschensync.net
Tue Aug 30 10:55:17 EDT 2016

Sorry if duplicate - I posted from wrong account (lede-adm bounced me)

On Tue, 2016-08-30 at 16:15 +0200, Jonas Gorski wrote:

> > > Yes, close the github one.
> > >
> > > ~ Jo

> > great, i planned to do this for a while, we will need a volunteer to
> > move all open bugs from github to FS or send an email out telling people
> > that we will close it and they have X hours/days to move their tickets
> > to FS before they get lost.
> Ideally we just import all issues from github to flyspray with a
> script, then we don't force them to restate their issues and won't
> lose the existing discussion(s). (Closed) bugs are also documentation
> ;)
>
> @Ted: since you seem to be most familiar with flyspray, how much work
> do you think it would be to import the issue from github to flyspray?
> github provides a rest api[1] to access issues, although it seems that
> all pull requests are also treated the same and you tell them apart by
> the presence of a pull_request attribute. You also need to get the
> comments for each issue individually.

I think John's suggestion is the most expedient. We can lock each issue with a
message to move it to FS - this will serve as notification. Also, an issue
template stating the Github issues for the LEDE repo are to be posted to FS can
be created (shortly).

Pulling all the Github issues and comments into FS is possible with some amount
to scripting-fu (ugh). It will also be necessary to create some sort of FS user
info (name/email) to own each element (report, comment, etc.). I don't think
automatically creating FS accounts is the best strategy.

/ted