Hosting sponsorship / New Git server

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Tue Aug 23 06:50:48 EDT 2016

Hi all,

this is just a quick update from the tech dept.

The LEDE project received some generous sponsoring under the Digital
Ocean open source program in the form of free hosting credits we can use
to run non-compute infrastructure in the Digital Ocean cloud data centers.

As one of the very first measures (partly as response to the unexpected
recent down times) I migrated our Git server (git.lede-project.org) from
a private machine to the Digital Ocean Frankfurt DC, which also gives us
IPv6 access to the Git resources as a nice side effect.

We now have enough resources to spare to spin up new web instances, for
example we could start providing a forum, provided that we find enough
volunteers to moderate it.

Any thoughts on that? Shall I look into setting up a dedicated forum?
I need to review the previous list discussions to see if there was a
preferred software candidate already...

~ Jo