[LEDE-ADM] Repo finalized

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Wed Apr 27 04:57:50 EDT 2016

On 26/04/2016 19:57, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> On 04/26/2016 04:36 PM, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
>>> shall we at this point also start using a staging tree ?
>>
>> I guess we could, how shall we organize that? Make a repo per user? Have
>> a common staging repo where everyone can write to?
>>
>> Opinions?
>>
>> ~ Jo
>
> I would prefer topic base repos, which would be mostly handled by one
> user only. Sometimes I am working on different topics at the same time
> and it would be nice to not mix them. Is there some way that we can
> easily create and destroy branches?
>
> It would also be nice to have a target specific staging tree like an
> ar71xx tree, this is probably not needed for all targets but for some.
>
> I think we should allow rebasing in such stating trees, but not for the
> main tree.
>
> Hauke

the trees should be themed. i plan to host the following trees

*) arch - where i merge ltq/ar71xx/ramips/mediatek/octeon/... patches
*) system - where i merge new stuff that gets added to the
userland/packages/projects

i'll see how it goes and if it works out for my day2day workflow.
rebasing these trees is the main feature i am after to allow a pretty
and sanitized history in the master branch

	John